Sharegate does not migrate Office 365 Groups, it migrates Team Sites connected to an Office 365 Group.
- It is recommended that you have Global Administrator rights. These rights allow you to assign Owners and Members at the destination (you can use our Office 365 management tools to easily add Members and Owners).
- Follow the same steps as when performing a Copy Structure - Sites.
- Select the Team Site connected to your Office 365 Group (if you are not sure, you can always reference the list of Office 365 Groups in your environment through the Explorer).
- To ensure that your source is copying to the optimal Team Site, you should configure your Site Template mappings. Ensure that Default Site Template is mapped to Team site and not Team site (Classic Experience).
- Click Copy Now.
The following users will be added as Office 365 Group Owners at the destination:
- Site Collection Administrators
- The user performing the migration (you)
- All the members in the SharePoint Owners group (up to a maximum of 100 Owners)
Members that will be added to the Office 365 Group Members at the destination are the users that are already part of the SharePoint Members group at the source.
Membership can be easily changed and re-allocated post-migration using the Office 365 Groups management features in the Explorer.