To access Sharegate online:
- Go to: https://app.share-gate.com
- Sign into Office 365 with your Global Administration, Site Collection Administrator, or User address if you have not done so already (Global Administrator permission is required to access Sharegate Online and to Invite People, but anyone can access it once access is granted).
As soon as you access Sharegate Online, you will see your activity feed. It can take up to 24h to activate the Management API which is used to access the alerts, so you may not see your activities before that time.
The activity feed will let you see different types of activities that happened in your Office 365 environment. Check back any time for updates.
Supported activities (Note: Activities you can access will change depending on your permission level):
Content Shared with External Users
- Site Shared with External Users
- Document Library Shared with External User
- List Shared with External User
- Folder Shared with External User
- Document Shared with External User
- List Item Shared with External User
- OneDrive Folder Shared with External User
- OneDrive Document Shared with External User.
- Folder Shared Through Anonymous Link
- Document Shared Through Anonymous Link
- Folder Accessed Through Anonymous Link
- Document Accessed Through Anonymous Link
- OneDrive Folder Shared Through Anonymous Link
- OneDrive Document Shared Through Anonymous Link
- OneDrive Folder Accessed Through Anonymous Link
- OneDrive Document Accessed Through Anonymous Link
External User Membership
- External User Added to SharePoint Group
- External User Added to O365 Group (Note: You will need to give the app additional permission to unlock this alert)
- External User Added as a Site Collection Administrator
- External User Added to Tenant
- Site Collection Created
- O365 Group Created
- Subsite Created
Site Collection: Allows you to filter your results by site collection.
Activity Type: Allows you to filter your results by supported activity type.
User: Allows you to filter your results by user name. You can select multiple users. Begin typing the name of the user into the field and select the correct one.
Jump to: Allows you to select a date range in the past, or choose a custom date.
Alerts allow you to choose the activities you wish to receive email alerts for.
Select Alerts from the menu.
You can enable or disable emails by using the toggles.
For all enabled alerts, you will receive an email in your inbox whenever the activity occurs.
If you do not start receiving emails for alerts, please see this article.
If you are using Sharegate Online as a Global Administrator, you can invite Site Collection Administrators who are not already connected to Sharegate Online.
Click Invite People.
You will now see the Invite People screen.
The User column allows you to see the names and email addresses of the Site Collection Administrators.
The Site Collections column allows you to see how many site collections they manage (including Office 365 Groups).
Click the row to see an expanded view on the site collections, with details.
The Status Column indicates whether they are connected, not connected, or invited.
To send an invitation, select the Site Collection Administrator(s) that you would like to invite.
Once invited, the Site Collection Administrator will receive an email with a link to connect.
The My Account page lets you change the email address alerts are being sent to, offers a complete list of items you have access to, and lets you see your tenant name and ID.
Note: Your Access items will be updated every 24 hours, so it is normal to not see new Site Collections or or OneDrives right away.