Recent versions of Sharegate have the option to Auto-Assign Site Collection Administrator in General Settings, which allows Sharegate to automatically assign you as a Site Collection Administrator when running Site Collection or OneDrive for Business operations.
To revert this selection, you need to use Reporting.
- Select Reporting, and click
- Select OneDrive for Business or Site Collection as your Object Type (depending on your scenario).
- Specify your target(s).
- Select all results using the top left checkbox.
- Click Remove Permissions in Quick Actions.
- In the Select Users or Groups field, input yourself or any other applicable user who you are removing administrative rights from.
- Use the Remove Permissions drop down to select Remove from Site Collection Administrators.
- You will now see the results page.