Sharegate displays the following error(s):
- You are not authorized to perform this operation. Please make sure that you have entered the correct storage account name and a valid access key.
- Unable to connect to the Microsoft Azure storage account. The storage account 'account_name' was not found.
- Could not connect to the specified Microsoft Azure storage account. Reason : [reason]
Any error code ending with: -205
These errors indicates that Sharegate could not properly link to the Azure storage account specified in the application.
There are two possible resolutions to this issue:
1. Make sure the storage account and access key are valid.
The procedure to obtain the storage account and the access key is described here under Obtaining the container name and access key.
Re-enter the storage account name and access key.
If you still get an error message, make sure that you are actually copying the entire access key. If you try to click in the box containing the key to select it for copying, a part of the key may be missing.
2. Regenerate the access key
In the Azure Management Portal, click Storage.
Select the name of the storage account in order to open the dashboard.
Click Manage Keys.
Copy the new access key into Sharegate.