When attempting to migrate a Web Part, Sharegate displays the following message :
- Unable to create or update WebPart. In Office 365, this is mainly caused by the farm setting "Custom Script" being deactivated.
There is a setting called Custom Script in Office 365 which allows the administrator to choose whether custom scripts are enabled or disabled on a site.
Since web parts function as custom scripts, Sharegate will not be able to migrate web parts if custom scripts are disabled.
Note: Custom scripting capabilities are disabled by default for:
- Personal sites
- Self-service created sites
- The Root Site Collection of the Tenant
You must enable custom scripts in your settings and retry the migration.
To enable custom scripts:
Sign in to Office 365
Click the app launcher icon
Under Custom Script select:
- Allow users to run custom script on personal sites.
- Allow users to run custom script on self-service created sites
It takes 24 hours for changes to this setting to take effect.
For more on custom scripts, click here.