Sharegate displays the following error:
You are not authorized to perform the requested operation.
Depending on the operation, you might get a different error message starting with "You are not authorized..." or "You do not have permission..." or "You don't have the minimum rights required..."
|Any error code ending with: -002|
There are several reasons this error may trigger:
- Modifying a read-only document.
- Accessing a user's OneDrive settings without being a Site Collection Administrator.
- Deleting a site content type which is currently in use.
- Adding a document to a Site Collection with a read-only lock.
- A network analyzer application, such as Fiddler.
For 1, 2, 3, and 4 - Make sure that the operation you are trying to perform can be made.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Modifying or adding a document: The read-only lock enabled may be enabled. Disable the lock prior to the use of Sharegate to ensure that all the requests are processed as intended.
- Accessing a user's OneDrive: You must be the Site Collection Administrator to execute the action.
- Using Copy Site Objects: Assign yourself as Site Collection Administrator both on the source and destination site collections.
- Using any other features: Ensure you have Full Control permissions on both the source and destination sites, as well as on the selected list or library.
After following these recommendation, attempt the operation again.
If you have the required access rights, but you still get this error, make sure that you are using the right user account when connecting to SharePoint.
For 5 - Verify whether the Fiddler application is running on your PC
If this is the case, you must close Fiddler and attempt the operation again.