This is an example for importing documents from Google Drive to SharePoint.
- After you've launched Sharegate, the first thing you'll see is the Home Screen. To start a migration, click the "Start Migration" tile.
- You can launch a PowerShell Window and type Import-Module Sharegate.
PS C:\> Import-Module Sharegate
Or, you can launch PowerShell with Sharegate that will automatically import the Sharegate module.
- Connect to your Google Drive (see Connect-GoogleDrive).
$googleDrive = Connect-GoogleDrive -Email email@example.com
- Connect to your destination SharePoint site, this is the site that contains the library you want to copy content to (see Connect-Site).
$dstSite = Connect-Site -Url http://myfarm2/sites/mydestinationsite
- Get your destination library that you want to copy content to (see Get-List).
$dstList = Get-List -Site $dstSite -name Documents
- Import the folder content from Google Drive to the destination library (see Import-GoogleDriveDocument).
$result = Import-GoogleDriveDocument -GoogleDrive $googleDrive -DestinationList $dstList -SourceFolder MyFolder -SourceView MyDocuments
- You can print the result in the windows or export the migration report to an Excel file (see Export-Report).
$resultResult : Operation completed successfully. SessionId : 140220-1 SiteObjectsCopied : 0 ItemsCopied : 205 Warnings : 0 Errors : 0 PS C:\> Export-Report -CopyResult $result -Path C:\Reports\MyImportGoogleDocumentsReports.xlsx