See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
This article will explain all aspects of the Google Drive connection screen.
- After selecting Import from Google Drive on the Migration menu, you will be prompted to sign in to your Google account. Browser authentication is the only available option.
- Enter your Google email address.
- If you want to migrate multiple users, selecting Connect as Admin is recommended (if you have the appropriate permissions). Show as default email address allows Sharegate to load this email address by default when opening the Import from Google Drive tool in the future.
- You will now see the Google Authentication screen.
- Enter your email address or phone number.
- Click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- You will be prompted to give Sharegate access in Google Drive (you may see different options if using administrator mode). Click Allow. You can revoke Sharegate's access at any time by managing your Google account's permissions. If you do so, the next time you Import from Google Drive, you will need to re-consent
- You will now be connected to Google Drive on your Source.
You can set up a 2-step authentication process on your Google account.
If you do so, an additional step is needed. Otherwise, you will not see this window.
Enter what Google requires for authentication. In this screenshot, Google asks for a code that is sent to a mobile device to prove your identity.