See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
Import from Google Drive is a simple feature for migrating files from Google's file storage and synchronization service to SharePoint. You can migrate a complete folder hierarchy to SharePoint while applying content types and metadata at the same time, and it will convert a file from Google Drive format to Office format.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are always recommended.
- Connect as an administrator to migrate files of all the Google Drive accounts on your domain.
- Select the action you want to perform from the Migration menu.
- Connect to the desired Google Drive Account by clicking Connect.
- Connect to the desired Destination Environment by clicking Connect Destination.
- Select your destination library and click Next.
- Select the files you would like to copy to the destination library and either drag and drop it into the destination or click Copy Now.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.