Import from Google Drive is a simple feature for migrating files from Google's file storage and synchronization service to SharePoint. With a simple drag and drop, it is possible to migrate a complete folder hierarchy to SharePoint while applying content types and metadata at the same time and it will convert a file from Google Drive format to Office format.
- After you've launched Sharegate, the first thing you'll see is the Home Screen. To start a migration, click the "Migration" menu.
- Select the Import from Google Drive feature.
Connect to the Google Drive account that contains the files and folders that you would like to copy to SharePoint, Office 365 or OneDrive for Business. You can also connect as an administrator to migrate files of all the Google Drive accounts on your domain.
- Connect to your destination SharePoint site (see Connecting to SharePoint), this is the site that contains the library you want to copy content to.
- Using the explorer below, select your destination library in the explorer and click Next.
- The left explorer pane shows the folders and files stored in Google Drive, while the right explorer pane shows the documents in the destination library. In the left pane, locate the files that you wish to copy.
- In the left pane, navigate to your source folder and select the files you would like to copy to the destination site. When ready, simply drag and drop them to the right pane or click on Copy.
- Select the Copy Now Template, a previously created Copy Template or create a new Property Template (see Property Template).
- Select the copy behavior between Interactive or Silent (see Silent vs Interactive mode).
- The selected documents are now in the destination library.