See things differently? The gifs and screenshots on this article reflect Sharegate version 5.23 or greater.
Find objects that are shared with people outside of your organization in the following locations.
- You have connected to an environment as a Global Administrator, SharePoint Administrator, or Site Collection Administrator.
External Sharing Report
- Select the item you would like to perform the action on from the Explorer.
- Click External Sharing Report from the Security section of the Quick Actions panel.
- Select the object types you want to include in the report (see below for details).
- Click Run.
- In the case that there are warnings or errors, they will be displayed with details in separate tabs near Results. See the Edit page for how to modify or transform results.
Select the object types that you would want to include int the report.
- Show Sites: In the results, all the sites that are shared to external users will be shown.
- Show Lists: In the results, all the lists that are shared to external users will be shown.
- Show Content: In the results, all the list items and documents that are shared to external users or shared via anonymous guest links will be shown.
- Use local cache: By default, Sharegate uses a local cache to avoid having to query SharePoint each time you perform a Find operation. If you want to force Sharegate to refresh its cache when performing this Find operation, simply turn the Use local cache setting to Off.