See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
Copying groups will create them on the destination site and will insert all the users who were members of the source group into the new group on the destination site.
- Select the action you want to perform from the Migration menu.
- Connect to the desired Source Environment by clicking Connect Source.
- Select the structure you want to copy.
- Click Next.
- Connect to the desired Destination Environment by clicking Connect Destination.
- Select Groups from the List of Site Objects.
- Select the group(s) you want to copy from the source and either drag and drop it into the destination or click Copy Now. See Advanced Copy if you need to apply specific parameters.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.
You can run a Pre-Check of your copy to detect potential copy errors before running an migration. To do so, click on Advanced Copy and click on Run Pre-Check.
In the Advanced Copy option, you can set the Automatic Mode or the Manual Mode.
If you select the option to merge, all the users that exist in the source group but not in the destination group will be added to the destination group.The owner of the group will also be updated. However, the users that exist in the destination group but not in the source group will not be removed.