If you need more information on Content Types, you can see this page.
When copying content, source content types can be remapped with different destination content types.
- Click Migration.
- Select the action you want to perform from the Migration menu and connect to a source and a destination.
- Click in the top right corner.
- Select the Content Types tab.
- Drag and drop destination content types in the destination column to map. In the Content type mappings window, the list of content type mappings is displayed on the left and available destination content types are displayed on the right.
- Once this is completed, click on Save.
Note that content types can't be copied or moved in this mappings window. They have to exist in SharePoint first. This simply lets you reassign the content types used by the items or folders being copied.
By default, all content types with the same name and the same base type (item or folder) are automatically mapped. To change a mapping or to create a new one, simply drag and drop content types from the list of destination content types to the left pane. Make sure to place them next to the desired source content types. You won't be able to map item content types with folder content types.
Once saved, these mappings will be used during the copy. Every item or folder with the source content type will be created with the corresponding destination content type in the destination list or library.