Remove permissions from users or groups in the targeted locations.
You have connected to an environment as a Global Administrator, SharePoint Administrator, or Site Collection Administrator.
Target the item(s) you would like to removes the permissions from on your Explorer tree.
Select Remove Permissions from the Quick Actions menu in the right pane, under Security.
You will now see the Remove Permissions page.
This table displays the targets of the remove permissions action. Please use this information to confirm that you are removing permissions in the right location.
Select the users or groups you want to remove the permissions from.
Start typing the name of the user or group, and select them from the drop-down.
Remove permissions from the selected users or groups by removing them from existing groups, or by removing their explicit permissions.
- Remove from existing Groups: Allows you to remove the user or groups from a list of existing groups.
- Remove from Site Collection Administrators: Removes full control from the selected users to all websites in the target site collection(s).
- Remove Explicit Permissions: Allows you to remove specific permissions from the user or groups (i.e. edit, contribute, read). You can select whether to remove permissions from all subsites, lists, and libraries with unique permissions, from list and library content, or to break inheritance. Note: Breaking inheritance breaks the permission inheritance for the target objects only if they contain the role(s) you want to remove.
- Remove All Permissions: All explicit permissions will be removed from the selected users or groups, including the built-in and custom permission levels available in the target site(s).
- Remove from Site Collections: The selected users or groups will be completely removed from the target site collection(s).
You will now see your results page (any warnings or errors, if applicable, will appear on a separate tab).