See things differently? The gifs and screenshots on this article reflect Sharegate version 5.23 or greater.
The Clean Limited Access tool allows you to get rid of unused Limited Access permission levels that no longer relate to any existing permissions on site elements. Clean Limited Access removes all limited access permissions granted to a target location.
The Limited Access permission level is assigned automatically when you provide access to one specific item in a site or subsite with broken inheritance. If the permissions on the specific item are removed, the Limited Access permission level granted previously remains, but is no longer required.
Find out more about SharePoint and the Limited Access permission level here.
- Select the item you would like to perform the action on in Explorer.
- Click Clean Limited Access under Security in the Quick Actions panel.
- Verify the target of the clean limited access action (details below).
- Click Clean Now (you can Schedule this action as well).
- In the case that there are warnings or errors, they will be displayed with details in separate tabs near Results.