See things differently? The gifs and screenshots on this article reflect Sharegate version 5.23 or greater.
Remove users that are no longer existent or accessible in a target location.
Cleaning these users is important because they may have site permissions or documents marked as being authored by them. For more information on Orphaned Users, see here.
Note: External users can be temporarily flagged as orphaned users when they are created due to a short time lapse between Azure Active Directory and SharePoint that prevents synchronization.
- Select the item you would like to perform the action on from the Explorer.
- Click Clean Orphaned Users from the Security section of the Quick Actions panel.
- Verify the targets you are cleaning orphaned users from.
- Keep All Orphaned Users or select Specific Users (allows you to type the name of the user to filter the results, or find them on a list) from the drop down.
- Click Clean Now (you can also Schedule this action).
- In the case that there are warnings or errors, they will be displayed with details in separate tabs near Results.