See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
When bulk editing content, columns can be remapped with different columns in the same list, even if they have a different field type.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are always recommended.
- You need the rights Term Store Administrator to complete a Term Store migration. You can obtain this using Add Permissions.
- Once you have selected the action you want to perform from the Migration menu and connected to a source and a destination, select Mappings.
- Select the Properties tab.
- When you are done mapping, click on Save or Export your mappings to Excel. You can also Import a mapping file and Restore Default Mappings.
- Click on Next.
- Click on Bulk Edit.
Note: You can't add fields to your lists or libraries from this window. It simply displays what is available in SharePoint. If you want more properties to appear in this window, you will need to add columns to your SharePoint list or library.
By default, all properties with the same name are automatically mapped together. To change a mapping or to create a new one, simply drag and drop properties from the list of source properties to the right pane. Make sure to place them accordingly next to the desired destination properties.
Once saved, these mappings will be applied during the bulk edit. The value of the source property will be copied to the destination property. A green check sign will indicate if a source property is being mapped.
If a destination column allows for multiple values, you will be able to merge multiple columns into one during the bulk edit. For example, two choice columns from the source list can be merged to a managed metadata column (considering the values exist in the term set used by the managed metadata column).
The Property mappings window can also be opened from the Migration part of the tool.