See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are always recommended.
- You need the rights Term Store Administrator to complete a Term Store migration. You can obtain this using Add Permissions.
- You need to ensure your drives are mapped before importing.
- Select Import from File Share from the Migration menu.
- Select your desired Source target.
- Click Next.
- Select the drive of local file shares you will import content from. The left explorer pane shows the available drives for the copy from your computer, while the right explorer pane shows the documents in the destination library. In the left pane, navigate to your source folder and select the files you would like to copy to the destination site.
- Select the item you want to copy from the source and either drag and drop it into the destination or click Copy Now. See Advanced Copy if you need to apply specific parameters.
- The selected documents will now be in the destination library.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.