Import Files to SharePoint is a simple feature for migrating files system and file shares to SharePoint. With a simple drag and drop, it is possible to migrate a complete folder hierarchy to SharePoint while applying content types and metadata at the same time.
- You need to ensure your drives are mapped before importing.
Import Files to SharePoint
- After you've launched Sharegate, the first thing you'll see is the Home Screen. To start a migration, click the "Migration" menu.
- Select the Import Files to Sharepoint feature.
- Connect to your destination SharePoint site (see Connecting to SharePoint), this is the site that contains the library you want to copy content to.
- Using the explorer below, select your destination library in the explorer and click Next.
- The left explorer pane shows the available drives for the copy from your computer, while the right explorer pane shows the documents in the destination library. In the left pane, navigate to your source folder and select the files you would like to copy to the destination site. Then, drag and drop them to the right pane or click on Copy.
- Select the Copy Now Template, a previously created Copy Template or create a new Property Template (see Property Template).
Select the copy behavior between Interactive or Silent (see Silent versus Interactive mode).
- The selected documents are now in the destination library.