See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
This is a feature for migrating SharePoint sites from one SharePoint to another. With a simple drag and drop, it's possible to copy sites.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are always recommended.
- You need the rights Term Store Administrator to complete a Term Store migration.
- Select the action you want to perform from the Migration menu.
- Connect to the desired Source Environment by clicking Connect Source.
- Select the structure you want to copy.
- Click Next.
- Connect to the desired Destination Environment by clicking Connect Destination.
- Select Sites from the list of Object Types.
- Click on the Site Collection to access the list of sites.
- Select the site(s) you want to copy from the source and either drag and drop it into the destination or click Copy Now. See Advanced Copy if you need to apply specific parameters.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.
To copy a site, select Sites in the Navigation pane. See the Walkthrough for more details on how to use the Copy Site Objects feature.