See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
Copy Content allows you to migrate content to a desired destination. You can copy site collections, sites, lists, libraries, site columns, site content types, users, groups, permission levels, managed metadata and workflows.
- Select the action you want to perform from the Migration menu.
- Select your source, and click Connect.
- Select the object(s) you want to copy from the source.
- Click Next.
- Select your destination, and click Connect.
- Select the destination of the object(s) you want to copy.
- Click Next.
- Select the object(s) you want to copy from the source and either drag and drop it into the destination or click Copy Now. See Advanced Copy if you need to apply specific parameters.
- Once the migration is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.
Migrating to a destination that contains groups
When a Group is detected at the destination, Sharegate does not automatically update the group membership. To ensure that your group has been migrated properly, you can run a Permissions Matrix Report, or copy the group before copying the object to ensure source members are added to the destination.
Migrating to a destination that contains workflows
If the destination list or library has any workflows enabled, we strongly suggest to disable them before migration in order to prevent all workflows from being triggered during migration. You can re-enable them once the migration is complete.