See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
Copying workflows makes them available on the destination site. See general information to ensure that the type of workflow you want to copy is supported.
You can migrate workflows from SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and SharePoint for Office 365.
- Select the action you want to perform from the Migration menu.
- Connect to the desired Source Environment by clicking Connect Source.
- Select the structure you want to copy.
- Click Next.
- Connect to the desired Destination Environment by clicking Connect Destination.
- Select Workflows from the list of Site Objects.
- Select the workflow you want to copy from the source and either drag and drop it into the destination or click Copy Now. See Advanced Copy if you need to apply specific parameters.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.
- You can copy reusable workflows and site workflows.
- List workflows and content type workflows will be copied when you copy their associated list or content type.
- The only supported workflows are the built-in SharePoint workflows, the ones created with SharePoint Designer, and Nintex Workflows. Globally Reusable Workflows are not supported.
- Workflows from the SharePoint 2010 Platform type can be migrated to any version of SharePoint (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and O365) and will work at your destination.
- Sharegate does not transform them to the SharePoint 2013 Platform at this time.
- SharePoint 2013 workflows migrated to 2013, 2016 and O365 will work at your destination.
- Sharegate supports full migration of Nintex Workflows OnPremises to OnPremises SharePoint versions (2007, 2010, 2013), full migration of Nintex Workflows O365 to O365 and will support incrementally all the migration from OnPremises to O365. ( see more information on the FAQ)