See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
Sharegate Desktop allows you to copy site collections, sites, lists, libraries, site columns, site content types, users, groups, permission levels, managed metadata and workflows.
- Select the action you want to perform from the Migration menu.
- Connect to the desired Source Environment by clicking Connect Source.
- Select the structure you want to copy.
- Click Next.
- Connect to the desired Destination Environment by clicking Connect Destination.
- Select the object type from the list of Site Objects.
- Select the object you want to copy from the source and either drag and drop it into the destination or click Copy Now. See Advanced Copy if you need to apply specific parameters.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.
Note: When a Group is detected at the destination, Sharegate does not automatically update the group membership. To ensure that your group has been migrated properly, you can run a Permissions Matrix Report, or copy the group before copying the object to ensure source members are added to the destination.