An error happens when migrating because one or more features are not activated at the destination. Sharegate displays the following error message:
The content type id associated with the document template could not be updated.
This error occurs when Sharegate attempts to update the content type id property of a document template. When this fails the document template will still work at destination, however when creating a new document with that document template the wrong content type might be associated with the item.
It is possible to fix the document template at the destination with the following steps.
- In the library settings go to the advanced settings of the list content type for which the document template copy failed.
- Edit the template.
- Once the Office document is open, go to File/Info/Properties/Advanced Properties.
- Select the "Content Type Id" property in the box at the bottom, then click delete to remove the custom property.
- Click "Save As" and save the document template on your hard drive (not directly to SharePoint).
- In the list content type advanced settings upload the document template you saved to your disk. At that point SharePoint will automatically add the correct content type id in the custom properties of the file.