Version: Sharegate 5.6
- The Insane Mode is now available when copying between On-Premises environments and allows to migrate up to 10 times faster by using the Sharegate server extension both at the source and at the destination.
- Improvements to the Permissions Matrix Report:
- You can now run it on multiple site collections and even multiple farms and tenants.
- You can now drill-down into lists to see the folders, files and items with custom permissions.
- External users, invited users and anonymous guest links are now displayed.
- You can expand/collapse all groups with one click.
- You can filter the report to only see external users or specific users and groups.
- Azure AD groups can be expanded to see their members.
- Migrating data within self-lookup columns is now supported. These are columns that refer to another item in the same list, like task predecessors in a Tasks list or related issues in an Issues list.
- Special calendar occurrences can now be migrated. These are exceptions to recurring meetings, for example a meeting that occurs every Monday, but is pushed to Tuesday on a given week because of a holiday.
- Migrating to the SharePoint 2016 IT Preview is now supported.
- Managed Metadata can now be copied when using the Insane Mode to migrate to Office 365 (you no longer need to use the normal mode for lists with managed metadata columns).
- You can now identify your activations when you activate your license and track the activations here.
- You can now deactivate your license even when a firewall or something similar is blocking Sharegate's access to the license server.
- Support for a new Nintex workflow action from On-Premises to Office 365: "Query List".
- Support for the Task Escalation feature of the "Assign Flexi task" Nintex workflow action when migrating from On-Premises to Office 365.
- A product tour is now available when you first open the application after an upgrade to show you what's new in this version.
- Incremental migrations are now much faster (about 2 times faster for regular lists and more than 10 times faster for lists exceeding the list view threshold).
- Reduced initial loading time when migrating site objects to or from Office 365.
- Reduced the number of warnings due to users who have left the company.
- Improved the mechanics of the reporting to allow running multiple reports at the same time without getting performance issues.
- Fixed authentication issues when using Manual credentials with a federated Office 365, or when using a custom ADFS login page.
- Fixed an issue when running Sharegate without enough rights to create a folder in the C:\ProgramData folder.
- Fixed some minor issues with the user interface.
- Adding and removing permissions for the user logged in Sharegate now works properly.
- Improved error messages when there are issues while selecting items to edit them.
- The description of groups will now be loaded correctly.
- Finding lists based on their Attachments Enabled or Disabled property will now work as expected.
- Fixed errors that sometimes happened while loading sites, or when using Permissions Matrix Report or the Externally Shared Objects report.
- Fixed an issue where the external users who only had access to a given site collection also appeared for the root site collection of the tenant.
- Managed Metadata and Enterprise Keywords columns will no longer be displayed as Lookup columns.
- Improved error messages in the Permissions Matrix Report.
- Improved error and warning detection during the pre-migration check.
- Fixed the copy of the Approval status when using the Insane Mode to migrate to Office 365.
- Improved the detection of the requirements to use the Insane mode without errors.
- Fixed minor issues in the Migration Report.
- Fixed a minor issue when copying site navigation.
- Fixed the copy of Calculated columns in specific scenarios that were giving errors.
- Fixed an application crash that could happen when opening Sharegate Migration.
- Copying a list when you only have Full Control permissions will now work properly.
- Copying custom views for Survey lists will now work.
- Fixed minor issues with InfoPath forms.
- Added better support for extracting properties from PDF files, as well as property values that exceed 64 Kb.
- Fixed the detection of resource quota exceeded issues when using the server extension as a sandbox solution.
- Fixed the update of some properties within site columns.
- Fixed an error that could occur when copying site content types.
- Improved the mapping of terms (managed metadata) when copying content.
- The welcome page will now be copied even if it is set incorrectly in the site's settings.
- Fixed the mapping of the site collection's default groups (owners, members and visitors).
- The "Document Id Url" column will now be copied correctly.
- The custom home pages of document set site content types will now be copied.
- Fixed the default content type mapping when copying with PowerShell.
- When copying web parts, required features will now be activated.
- Characters that are valid on Office 365 but not in SharePoint will now be preserved when migrating from Office 365 to Office 365.
- Fixed an issue when a lookup value references a folder.
- Fixed some errors that could happen when disabling spam emails during the migration of user alerts.
Sharegate for Nintex
- Fixed some issues when copying Nintex workflows and forms.