What is currently supported?
- Full support for Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms, from On Premises to On Premises - Version 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 - (On-Premises Nintex workflows (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 - sites, lists, content types and reusable workflows), Default and InfoPath forms, User-defined actions, Workflow constants, Nintex Live actions)
- Full support for Nintex Workflow and Nintex forms, from O365 to O365 for all actions that are available.
- Migration of 30 On Premises actions to O365 (see table below)
- Full support for the Migration of Nintex Forms from On Premises to O365 and from O365 to On Premises
- Nintex history Workflow from On Premises to On Premises
What is not supported?
- Workflow status. For more on viewing your workflow, see here.
- Workflow scheduler.
When migrating Nintex workflows, will any task content types migrate?
- Yes! We migrate site, reusable, content type and list Workflows.
When migrating from On-prem to the cloud, will we need to republish when changing to claims auth - or will sharegate do that magic for us?
- Sharegate takes care of the publishing of the workflow under your name.
Can Sharegate migrate the Nintex history Workflow?
- Yes! Sharegate migrate the Nintex history Workflow from OnPremises to OnPremises. (You need the server extension in order to do that) However, this feature is not supported in Office 365 at the moment.
Will Sharegate migrate Nintex history lists?
- Yes! Sharegate will migrate the history lists from OnPremises to OnPremises. (You need the server extension in order to do that) However, this feature is not supported in Office 365 at the moment.
Will the migrated Nintex workflows include task forms custom with either InfoPath or Nintex forms?
- Yes, it will include them.
Is it possible to migrate the User Defined Actions?
- Yes. All levels will be migrated. (Note: You need the correct level of permissions. User Defined Actions do not exist in Office 365 so you cannot migrate them when your destination is Office 365)
After Nintex workflow migration, do we have to reconfigure some tasks or it will be automatic if we migrate list involved?
- The Task list associated with the workflow will be migrated automatically.
When we manually do exporting / importing Nintex workflows, we have to reconfigure some actions, in site where workflow was imported, Sharegate will do that for us?
- Yes, Sharegate doesn't simply migrate the workflow, it also migrate all the dependencies of the workflow and correct any values to point to the new locations
Can Sharegate also support site and/or list/library template mapping?
- Only site template mapping is supported at the moment.
Will Sharegate migrate Nintex databases - either on-premise or 0365-Dedicated?
- Sharegate is a client-side software, which means we only use the SharePoint and Nintex public APIs to perform the migration. At no time will we interact directly with the database.
Nintex Workflows for O365 has a different feature set than what's on premise. How will it handle migrating workflows from On-prem to O365?
- Indeed, the feature set between On-Premises and O365 are a bit different. At the moment, we are working closely with the Nintex team to make sure there's a migration path for all features. We'll support them on further releases this year.
Does it migrate running workflows too?
- Unfortunately, migrating running workflows is not supported. The behavior of a workflow is determined by the sequence of its actions, but some actions may be available at the source that aren't available at the destination. Even when an action has an equivalent at the destination, the parameters may have different names or not contain the same information.
Since this is a client side install only, does all the migration data need to flow through the client machine?
- You can install Sharegate on the SharePoint server so that it will not go through the client machine.
Some users don't have access to my Nintex Live Forms after the migration, why does this happen?
- When publishing a form to Nintex Live, access to the form becomes restricted based on the users' email address. If you have added SharePoint users in the form's Live Settings to give them access to the form, they must have an email address set in their profile in the destination SharePoint environment in order for Nintex to allow them access to the form. The easiest way to verify this is to click on the on the address book button and search for a user that you're adding, then see if it shows a value under the email column.
What are the current limitations?
- For the moment we do not support Globally reusable workflows, Custom ASPX forms, Workflow error notification settings, Allowed workflow actions, Allowed workflow designers, Message Template settings, Lazy Approval settings, Workflow change approval settings, Workflow templates, Workflow statistics and snippets, Nintex web parts (for workflows and forms), Custom workflow actions (for example, built with Visual Studio). Due to a limitation the last saved version of the workflow is migrated, not the last version published. Created by and modified by cannot be preserved.
What are the supported actions for the migration to SharePoint Online
Action Name On Premises Mapped Action in Office 365 Action Set Action Set Assign Flexi task Start a Task Process Calculate date Add Time to Date Change state Change State Check in item Check In Item Check out item Check Out Item Convert Value Convert Value Create item Create List Item Delete item Delete Item WM Action Discard check out Discard Check Out Item End workflow Terminate Current Workflow Filter Filter Log in history list Log to History List Loop Loop with Condition Math operation Do Calculation Pause for... Pause For Duration Pause until... Pause Until Query List Query List Regular expression Regular Expression Run if Run If Run parallel actions Parallel Block Send notification Send an email Set a condition Conditional Branch Set field value Set field in current item Set variable Set Workflow Variable Set workflow status Set Workflow Status State machine State Machine Switch Switch Twitter Tweet Twitter Tweet Update item Update List Item Yammer Message Yammer Message Build String Build String For Each For Each Commit Pending Changes