See things differently? The gifs and screenshots on this article reflect Sharegate version 5.23 or greater.
This feature gives you an overview of the site collections, sites, unused sites, and workflows that you have in a source in order to estimate the amount of effort it would take to migrate them to SharePoint or Office 365.
You'll also have a list of improvements to help make the migration process smoother.
- A planned migration. You can read our useful blog for more information.
File Share Inventory
- From the Inventory screen, select the source on which to run the inventory. You can choose between the File Share or SharePoint & Office 365.
- Select your migration destination. You can choose between Office 365, SharePoint OnPremises 2016, or SharePoint OnPremises 2013. The destinations have different criteria for what can be imported, which will be reflected in the results screen.
- Wait for the analysis to finish running. You can track the progress as it runs.
- When the results load, you can click Details to see more information.
- See the results section for more information.
Once the inventory report is completed, the results screen will appear.
Here's a quick overview of the screen:
Size (MB): The total size of the selected SharePoint source.
Site Collections: The number of site collections.
Sites and Subsites: The number of sites and subsites.
Unused Sites: The number of unused sites and subsites. Unused sites are sites that haven't been modified in the last 6 months.
Workflows: The number of sites, lists, and reusable workflow templates including Nintex workflows.
Validated Rules: Rules that detect no errors or warnings
Errors (when applicable): The number of errors grouped by type, with links to detailed articles explaining how to resolve these issues. You can click the View all Errors link for a detailed report.
Warnings (when applicable): The number of warnings grouped by type, with links to detailed articles explaining how to resolve these issues. You can click the View all Warning link for a detailed report.