See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page. .
Sharegate allows you to delete site objects and content from your destination or source environment. Files or folders can be deleted from your destination environment only.
- Right-click on the object and click Delete.
- You will be prompted to confirm. Click Yes.
- If applicable, the selected item(s) will be sent to the Recycle Bin and will be removed from the Explorer in Sharegate.
- You can also delete files and folders on your file system or shared network drive.
- If the file was on a network drive, it will be permanently deleted.
- If the file you deleted was on your hard drive, you will be able to find it in the Recycle Bin of your computer.
Recycling site objects, content, files, and folders is only available in SharePoint 2007 and later (unless otherwise specified).
In Sharegate, the items that can be sent to the Recycle Bin are as follow:
- List items (for content only)
- Files (for content and files or folders only)
- Folders (for content and files or folders only)
- Document Sets (for content and files or folders only, 2010 and later)
- Lists and Libraries (for site objects only)
- Workflows (for site objects only, 2010 and later)
- Subsites (for site objects only, 2010 and later)
- Site Collections (for site objects only, 2010 SP1 and later
All recycled site objects, content, files, and folders will be sent to the Recycle Bin of the user connected to SharePoint with Sharegate.
Deleted site collections can be restored through the recycle bin in the central administration for SharePoint Online. To restore deleted site collections in On-Premises SharePoint environments, you must be connected on the Web Front-End server and use the SharePoint PowerShell command "Restore-SPDeletedSite".
Sharegate will always recycle site objects, content, files, and folders, unless using SharePoint 2003, which will permanently delete the selected item(s).