See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
Copying permission levels will make them available on the target site to assign permissions to users and groups. You can access a complete breakdown of the SharePoint permission levels on Microsoft's permission level library.
- Select the action you want to perform from the Migration menu.
- Select your desired Source target.
- Click Next.
- Select your desired Destination target.
- Click Next.
- Select Permission Levels from the List of Site Objects.
- Select the group(s) you want to copy from the source and either drag and drop it into the destination or click Copy Now. See Advanced Copy if you need to apply specific parameters.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.
In the Advanced Copy option, you can set the Automatic Mode or the Manual Mode.
If you copy a permission level that already exists in the destination site, you will be prompted to select between Merge and Skip.
If you select the option to merge, the rights associated with the destination permission level will be overwritten by the rights associated with the source permission level.