This feature can be used for archiving content from SharePoint lists, libraries and sites. With a simple drag and drop, you can export all your content while bringing over all the metadata, including version history and attachments.
- After you've launched Sharegate, the first thing you'll see is the Home Screen. To start a migration, click the "Migration" menu.Select the Export From SharePoint feature
- Connect to your source SharePoint site (see Connecting to Sharepoint), this is the site that contains the content you want to export.
- Using the explorer below, select your site and click next.
- The left explorer pane shows all the lists, libraries and subsites, while the right explorer pane shows your local drives. In the right explorer, drill-down to the destination folder where you want to export your content. In the left explorer, select the objects you want to export content from. Then, drag and drop them to the right pane or click on Export.
- Select the options you want for the export. (see Export Options)
- Select the copy behavior between Interactive and Silent (see Silent versus Interactive mode)
- The select objects are now exported to the selected folder.