Bulk Metadata Editor is a simple feature for providing bulk editing capabilities on SharePoint lists and libraries. In just a few clicks, it is possible to massively edit the SharePoint metadata of over thousands of documents, folders, document sets and list items without having to modify their properties one by one.
- After you've launched Sharegate, the first thing you'll see is the Home Screen. To start a migration, click the "Start Migration" tile.
- Select the Bulk Metadata Editor feature.
- Connect to your SharePoint site (see Connecting to SharePoint), this is the site that contains the list or library you want to edit.
- Using the explorer below, select your list or library and click Next.
- The explorer pane shows the items in the list. In the explorer pane, select the items you would like to bulk edit. Then, click on Bulk edit on the top menu ribbon or right click on the selected items and choose Bulk Edit.
- Select Create a custom template to define the parameters (see Property Template).
- To force a new value in a column, for example "Title", simply change the action drop down to "Set custom value" and type "My new title!" in the text box. Now click "Save & Start".
- Select the copy behavior between Interactive or Silent (see Silent vs Interactive mode).
- The selected items have now been updated with the new title.