Please note that you need the rights "Term Store Administrator" to complete a Term Store migration.
- To copy term groups or term sets from a term store, select "Managed Metadata” in the navigation pane. See the Walkthrough for more details on how to use the Copy Site Objects feature.
- If you have multiple term stores, you will have to double click on the term store you want to use (both for the source and the destination).
- If you want to copy an entire term group (or multiple term groups), select them and drag and drop them to the right side, or click Copy.
- If you want to copy one or more term sets from a term group, double click on the source term group to drill-down into it and see the term sets it contains. On your destination, you will also need to double-click on the destination term group to drill-down into it. Then, select the term set(s) you want to copy and drag and drop them on the right side, or click Copy.
- You will be prompted to confirm your choice. Choose OK to proceed.
If you copy a term group or a term set that already exists at the destination site, you will be prompted to select between Merge and Skip.
If you select merge, the following will happen:
- For a term group: the properties of the term group will be updated. The missing term sets and terms will be added. The properties of existing term sets and terms will be updated.
- For a term set: the properties of the term set will be updated. The missing terms will be added and the properties of existing terms will be updated.