See things differently? This article reflect Sharegate Desktop version 7.0 or greater. Manually update to the latest version or download the legacy Migration manual on our version page.
This is a feature for migrating SharePoint sites from one SharePoint to another. With a simple drag and drop, it's possible to copy sites.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are always recommended.
- You need the rights Term Store Administrator to complete a Term Store migration.
- Select Copy Structure from the Migration menu.
- Connect to the central administration or directly to your site by clicking Connect Source.
- Select the structure that contains the subsite you want to promote.
- Click Next.
- Connect to your destination central administration by clicking Connect Destination.
- Select Site from the list of Object Types.
- On the source side, select the subsite you want to promote and either drag and drop it into the site-level of your destination or click Copy Now. See Advanced Copy if you need to apply specific parameters or would like to rename your site (you must be at the site collection level on the destination side).
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.
During the copy process, you can click on the Task Manager to see the Creating Site Collection status.