See things differently? The gifs and screenshots on this article reflect Sharegate version 5.23 or greater.
Get a comprehensive list of all the events that happened in your environments.
- You have connected to an environment as Site Collection Administrator.
- You have gone through the steps to Activate Auditing.
- You have accessed Reporting through the menu.
When you run an Audit Report, the following will occur:
Sharegate creates a document library
Sharegate will create a document library in your site collection so that it can store the audit files generated by SharePoint.
After being analyzed by Sharegate, the files are deleted and this library will be empty so it doesn't affect your environment.
Note for SharePoint 2010 environments: Sharegate will need to activate the built-in Reporting feature of SharePoint so that it can generate audit files. This feature does not need to be activated in the other versions of SharePoint in order for Sharegate to generate an audit report.
- Select the item you would like to perform the action on from the Explorer.
- Click Audit Report from the Quick Actions panel.
- Verify the target(s) of the action.
- Select the user or group you want to include in the report (see below for details).
- Select the date or date range you want to include in the report (see below for details).
- Select the events you want to include in the report (see below for details).
- Click Run Now. This task can also be scheduled if preferred.
- In the case that there are warnings or errors, they will be displayed with details in separate tabs near Results. See the Edit page for how to modify or transform results.
Note: In Office 365, there might be some events that are considered as "Unknown". These events are not yet supported by Sharegate. If you ever encounter one of them, you can follow this procedure to view the event the way it is displayed in Sharepoint.
Select the users, the time range, and the event you would like to audit.
Users: Select All Users or Specific Users. If you select Specific users, begin typing the user's name, and select from the dropdown.
Date: Select Last week, Last 30 days, Last 6 months, or input a Custom range.
Events: Select All Events or Specific Events.