See things differently? The gifs and screenshots on this article reflect Sharegate version 5.23 or greater.
You can download the content of your Site Collection, OneDrives, Subsites, and/or libraries. See this note on metadata.
Do the following:
- Select the site you would like to download the content for from the Explorer.
- Click Download Content in the Content Management section of Quick Actions.
- Select your preferred Configuration
- Click Export
- Select where you would like to save the content
- Click OK
- The download will now initialize. You can click Load More Results as it initializes.
- You will find the data where you saved it once it is done, and you can also view it on the results screen.
If you would like to export your results as an Excel file, do the following:
- Click the Manage Columns button and/or Filter the results.
- Select your preferred columns/filter options.
- Run another export by clicking Export.
- Select where you would like to save the file.
- Click OK
When you download your content, the metadata will be stored in an external Excel spreadsheet that will be created in the top level folder at your destination. The actual file properties (i.e. Created, Modified) will not be preserved, and will take the current timestamp and the user account connected through Sharegate.