Here is some advice to help you have a successful migration using Box:
- Sharegate will not be able to migrate files which have been Locked by an inactive user, those will give errors in the Migration Report. If you wish to migrate those files, you will need to unlock them using your Box Admin Console.
- Sharegate will not be able to import the document of an inactive user. You will have to filter your user with the PowerShell command.
- To preserve Tags from your Box environment, name a column Tags at your destination or add an Enterprise Keyword columns in your destination list. This way, Sharegate automatically migrates all Tags to your destination list and create new Terms for each Tag.
- Box Notes and Bookmarks from Box are not yet supported by Sharegate and will display an error in the Migration Report when they are encountered during migration. To keep their content, manually copy it into a supported document type such as a Word Document.
- Ensure you have correct user mappings between your Box and Office 365 environments. To ensure the proper behaviour, make sure the email of the user is the same in both your environments.